We are now taking pre-orders for Iron Sun 55AH 12V DC Solar Kit!
Iron Sun is the ONLY solar kit on the market that is repairable and durable for the rest of your life! A 100W PV panel and robust, durable 55 AH nickel iron battery power a wide variety of 12V DC appliances such as lights, phones, laptop computers, power tools and fans. A full charge provides enough power for 15 or more LED light bulbs, fans, and charging cell phones. In sunny conditions, the battery charges in 4-5 hours, and more power is available for higher wattage devices like laptops and power tools.
Fully assembled in a sturdy steel enclosure, the Iron Sun 55AH 12V Power Supply includes:
- A 100 watt solar panel with a 25 foot all-weather cord attached.
- Nickel Iron Battery Set, 55 amp-hours.
- Xantrex C35 Charge Controller
- Surge, short circuit, and overload protection through two DC breakers, 10A max current for lights and 15A max current for charging.
- Surge Arrestor
- Two hard wired cigarette lighter plug outlets to charge laptops or any other device with a car charger.
- Four hard wired DC5525 outlets for lights.
- 10 3W LED light bulbs.
- Two USB adapters for charging smart phones, etc through cigarette lighter plug outlets.
Iron Sun is designed to power lights and small electronics at night. Your lights might become dim if the batteries are drained by high wattage loads, like charging laptops after dark. For this reason, we recommend that larger households install two systems, one for lights and one for electronics. A dedicated battery supply for lights means that your lights will not go out, even in the longest cloudy spell.
Other than USB cord adapters, we do not sell laptop and device-specific chargers because there are many different kinds, custom to each model of laptop or device. To find a charger for your device compatible with Iron Sun, search the name and model number of your computer or device followed by the phrase “car charger.” Most are inexpensive. Using a lower wattage charger for your laptop will give you more flexibility with timing of use.
We do not recommend using an Iron Sun to power an inverter, or any continuous load like a refrigerator.