Fully assembled in a sturdy steel enclosure, the Iron Sun Homestead Kit includes:
- A 200 watt solar panel with a 25 foot all-weather cord attached.
- Nickel iron battery set, 100 amp-hours.
- 4 cigarette lighter plug outlets to charge phones and tablets. This kit provides great flexibility for charging laptops and other devices at night.
- 15 LED light bulbs. LED bulbs have nearly 10 X the light output of incandescent bulbs of the same wattage.
- 4 Cigarette lighter cord plug adapters so you can convert any lighting appliance, or overhead lighting, to 12 volt DC bulbs.
- Easily accessible internal bus bars for connecting devices (without going through the cigarette lighter plugs).
- Two small rechargeable flashlights.
- One high-powered rechargeable flashlight, all-metal construction.
- USB cord adapter for charging smart phones, etc.
- Cigarette lighter extension cord.
- Pre-wired lamp with cigarette lighter cord.
The Iron Sun Homestead Kit will power 30 (or more) lamps or overhead lights, run fans, and charge devices and laptops at almost any time. If you have many users on the system with older laptop computers, you may want to cut back on computer use during extended cloudy periods in the winter. With only modern tablets, modestly sized laptops or a lower number of users (we have 10 – 12!), you will probably never have to ration your electricity, even during cloudy spells.
As with all Iron Sun products, we do not recommend using the Homestead kit to power an inverter or AC appliances. With inverter-based systems, if your voltage drops, everything turns off. With Iron Sun, even if the voltage starts dropping, you still have considerable flexibility about which devices you can keep using.
Other than USB cord adapters, we do not sell laptop and device-specific chargers because there are many different kinds, custom to each model of laptop or device. To find a charger for your device compatible with Iron Sun, search the name and model number of your computer or device followed by the phrase “car charger.” Most are inexpensive. Using a lower wattage charger for your laptop will give you more flexibility with timing of use.
These are the batteries that are featured in the homestead kit: