Fully assembled in a sturdy steel enclosure, the Iron Sun Cabin Kit includes:
- A 30 watt solar panel with a 25 foot all-weather cord attached
- Nickel iron battery, 10 amp-hours
- 2 cigarette lighter plug outlets to plug in lamps, overhead lights, or to charge phones and tablets
- 6 12V LED light bulbs – (3) 7W bulbs (3) 3W bulbs
- 2 Cigarette lighter plug adapter cords (the “male” side) so you can convert any lamp, or overhead lighting, to 12 volt DC
- One small rechargeable flashlight
- USB adapter for charging smart phones, etc.
This system is suitable for providing 4-5 lights (enough for 1 or 2 rooms), and charging phones and tablets anytime. On a sunny day, the batteries charge in a few hours, so you have extra power for charging larger devices like laptops when the sun shines. This system is great for emergency backup power as it can be stored for years and perform well after storage.
When maintained and used as directed, this system will provide you with power for 40 years or more. For daily use or for emergency backup, there is no other power kit on the market with the durability of our Iron Sun Boxes.
Distilled water must be added to the battery once per month. Iron Sun Boxes are NOT suitable for powering inverters or any AC appliances.